Suzanne Maiden’s Eight Suggestions to Guide Grievers
1. Guide Griever To and Through their Grief Tunnel
2. Be or Identify Support Systems
3. Guide Griever towards Restoring Equilibrium
4. Allow Griever to Experience Ambivalent Feelings
5. Hear Any Suicidal Ideation
6. Do Not Make Positive or Negative Grief Progress Assessments
7. Encourage Griever to Eliminate Emotional Parasites
8. Guide Griever towards Comforting Rituals
If you are grieving, this web site will help you through the process. We offer practical suggestions on how to cope with the flood of feelings and emotions your loss will bring.
The following four charts are from Glen W. Davidson’s (1984) book Understanding Mourning as presented through RTS Bereavement Services. We hope these charts will validate for you that what you are feeling and experiencing is normal. Your grieving process is unique to you and should only be compared to the charts in the most general fashion. The charts are only a general guide.